Thursday 10 April 2014

It's our Birthday! Looking back on the last year...



It's Hannah Elizabeth's first birthday this April and we're taking time to look back over the last year and what we've been doing. I'm so proud of what I've managed to do in the first year as well as having many more things planned for the next years to come.

The picture above was when we first got the studio, decorating the walls, moving the new industrial machines in and making the place feel more homely. I was so happy on getting my own studio, somewhere to call my home and get all the creative juices flowing. 


The events we have attended have been fun and I've learnt something from each one. Coalfields festival, Rotherham Show and Barnsley Christmas Market were 3 fairs I stood at and each was just as fun and all in a different setting. Each of them led onto other things like stockists and new customers. However I have now decided that I wont be attending anymore 'craft' type fairs but my last goal is for a Vintage fair. I also helped out at a ladies night fashion show in Rotherham which was a lot of fun and our first fashion show with my clothing, as well as meeting these 4 lovely ladies that modelled for us. 


Reba Unique was the first shop I stocked with my clothing, the shop is great for stocking local independent designers so it made sense to also be in there. I get a section to put my items in and often get to be in the window and on other mannequins around the shop. The shop has a good range of different styles from other designers and accessories to accompany them, giving the customer a place to get a whole outfit whatever the style they're after. I've loved being a part of the shop and around other like-minded people and its also quite handy being just around the corner from my studio.


Junction 36 was the second local boutique to stock us, more on the quirky side of independent designers with the shop owner being a bag maker, specializing in leather clutch bags and more. They also have other great local designers like t-shirt printers with a sailor theme, draped dresses, quirky crop tops, accessories and more. 


BitterSweet Boutique in Rotherham was a lovely shop with furniture and home decorations, mixed with clothing and accessories. This shop had all sorts to offer and especially a mix of pastel coloured items and a vintage shabby chic style. Unfortunately my clothing didnt work in the shop and didnt appeal to their customer base in the quiet town centre. However this came about from the Rotherham Show and the charity ladies night fashion show, so it proves everything leads onto another.


Our online presence has slowly been building with our website, blog and social media. Our blog's best post to date was the Pastel Hair Inspiration, sparking at around 800 views, as well as some smaller posts which one of our favourites being the DIY Collar displays. The website is still in its infancy but is slowly growing in page views. Last summer we did a photoshoot with our S/S 13 collection and was a lot of fun, this created more awareness with my photos being shared across social media.


Last but not least, me...I have learnt so much over the last year and I know I still have so much more to learn about! I hand sew our own collection, stand at the events, try on (and sometimes keep) our dresses, i'm the cleaner, the accountant, the marketer and more and I have to say...I love it! I'm still finding my feet and realising my style but I know I will keep growing along side my business in the years to come. So please do continue to support me in any way possible as I couldn't have done it without the support network around me. Thank you all so much!


p.s. We have a birthday discount code on our website, use code PARTY1 for 25% off including on bespoke orders. www.hannahelizabethfashion.co.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment